2 Day Advanced Splitboarding - Private Instruction
- Duration : 6 Hours (approx.)
Duration: 2 days; Out and Back Each Day
Experience/Pre-req’s: Prior experience in winter backcountry snowboard travel
This course emphasizes advanced trip planning techniques, advanced route selection and terrain assessment, rescue techniques and scenarios, and emergency shelter construction. Students will gain leadership experience by leading tours during which communication, group dynamics, and risk-management will be addressed. The course will span 2 days, out and back each day.
Topics to be covered include:
- Beacon, shovel, and probe review, including beacon drills
- Advanced trip planning, terrain selection, and navigation with a map and compass
- Leadership skills
- Planning and execution of overnight winter camping, including emergency shelter construction
- Whiteout navigation
- Avalanche mock rescue scenarios
- And ripping some awesome turns!