Intro to Splitboarding - Private Instruction
- Duration: 6 Hours (approx.)
Intro to Splitboarding
Duration: One day; 6-7hrs
Difficulty: All abilities
Experience/Prereq’s: Must be able to ride a blue run in-bounds
Your guide will orient you to splitboarding techniques, decision-making processes specific to backcountry terrain, and introductory avalanche awareness skills.
- Riding equipment introduction. What different boards and systems are out there, and what are their advantages/disadvantages?
- Pack gear overview. What should be in your pack?
- Usage and care of beacons, shovels, and probes
- Pole usage
- Proper and efficient transitions
- Use of uphill climbing skins
- Track setting and kick turns
- Basic trip planning and terrain selection
- Intro to Avalanche Awareness
- And ripping some awesome turns!